Gangai Konda Cholan Novel Pdf Free 322 Click Here ::: https | Playlist Plugger | Playlist Plugger
top of page

Playlist Plugger

Public·917 members

Patriciah Karuru
Patriciah Karuru

Gangai Konda Cholan Novel Pdf Free 322

Click Here ::: https://urlin.us/2tumrP

Gangai Konda Cholan: A Historical Novel by Balakumaran

Gangai Konda Cholan is a historical novel by Balakumaran, a famous Tamil writer and author of over 200 novels and 100 short stories. The novel is based on the life and times of Rajendra Chola I, the son of Rajaraja Chola I, who ruled over the Chola empire in the 11th century CE. Rajendra Chola I was a great conqueror who expanded his empire beyond India to Sri Lanka, Maldives, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. He also built a new capital city called Gangai Konda Cholapuram (the city of the Chola who took the Ganges) to commemorate his victory over the Pala dynasty of Bengal.

The novel depicts the political, social, cultural and religious aspects of the Chola period, as well as the personal and family life of Rajendra Chola I. The novel also portrays the character of Veerama Devi, the wife of Rajendra Chola I, who was a brave and virtuous woman. The novel is divided into four parts and spans over 500 pages. The novel is written in a simple and engaging style, with rich historical details and vivid descriptions. The novel also reflects the author's philosophical and spiritual views on human life and destiny.

Gangai Konda Cholan is a must-read for anyone who is interested in Tamil literature and history. The novel is available as a free pdf download from various online sources[^1^] [^3^]. The novel has also been translated into English by R. Krishnamurthy under the title "The Conqueror".

Rajendra Chola I was not only a great conqueror, but also a capable administrator and a patron of arts and culture. He maintained a large and efficient army and navy, which he used to protect his vast empire and to promote trade and diplomacy with other countries. He also built many irrigation tanks and canals to improve agriculture and enhance the prosperity of his subjects. He encouraged education and learning, and supported various schools and colleges. He also patronized many poets, musicians, dancers and artists, who enriched the Tamil culture with their works.

One of the most remarkable achievements of Rajendra Chola I was his naval expedition to Southeast Asia, where he defeated the powerful maritime empire of Srivijaya, which had dominated the region for centuries. Rajendra Chola I sent a large fleet of ships under his generals to attack the Srivijayan capital of Palembang in Sumatra, and also raided other ports and islands in the Malay Peninsula, Java, Borneo and Cambodia. He captured many ships, elephants, treasures and prisoners from Srivijaya, and also established diplomatic relations with China, which was impressed by his naval prowess. Rajendra Chola I's invasion of Srivijaya had a lasting impact on the history and culture of Southeast Asia, as it paved the way for the spread of Tamil merchants, traders, priests and settlers in the region.

Rajendra Chola I died in 1044 C.E., after ruling for 30 years as one of the most successful and influential emperors of India. He was succeeded by his son Rajadhiraja Chola I, who continued his father's legacy of expansion and administration. Rajendra Chola I is remembered as a hero and a legend by the Tamils, who celebrate his achievements in various literary works and inscriptions. He is also revered as a deity by some sects of Shaivism, who worship him as Lord Chandikeswara. a474f39169

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page